- Size: Varies with device
- Version: 184.108.40.206
Minecraft is the video game developed by Mojang Studios. Initially, the game was only released for the Microsoft Windows platform. But in the next years, the developers also created the Minecraft’s versions for Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, PlayStation 3, and so on. Minecraft is considered as the best-selling video game of all time, selling over 200 million copies. Today, the game has more than 126 million monthly active users.
The game features a procedurally generated world where players can construct whatever they want. By default, Minecraft is played from the first-perspective, but you can switch it to the third-perspective in the settings. There are five game modes:
- Survival: here, players have limited resources, play in the dangerous environment, and have to defend yourself from the enemies. Also, you have health and hunger bars. The less full they are, the more likely you are to die. In Survival mode, you have to build the castles or defensive structures to protect yourself from the enemies;
- Hardcore: This mode is very similar to Survival, but it has stricter rules and features permadeath;
- Creative: unlike Survival or Hardcore modes, the Creative mode does not limit you in resources. Here, nothing threatening your life. Players can build whatever they want;
- Adventure: in this mode, you can explore the games created by other users. It is very similar to Survival, but Adventure mode features some additional restrictions and unique rules applied by game’s creators;
- Spectator: here, you are not involved in the game; you can fly through the blocks and explore how other gamers play.
The Minecraft game world consists of cubes arranged in a fixed order. It has practically no space limitations. The game world is divided into various biomes, each of which has its own weather and objects. At the beginning of the game, the game character appears on the surface of the earth in a random biome - for example, in the desert, mountains, plains, forest, and so on. A distinctive feature of graphics is that all objects have a block structure without angular rounding. The colors are bright and saturated.
Minecraft has a multiplayer mode and the opportunity to create your own games. Thus, it has a high rank when we are talking about replay value. Moreover, the game is always applied for educational purposes, not only entertaining. The large selection of games, several modes, and the multiplayer regime — these are the factors why Minecraft has five stars from the five available in this section.
Overall, the controls are very simple and easy to remember. But it has some differences depends on the platform you play the game, including the controls. For example, it can be a keyboard or a joystick. You can find the detailed instructions n how to play the game inside or just browse on the Internet.